August 21, 2010

More finds and eye candy

Flipping through the September issue of Architectural Digest (which has been lying around for the past two weeks) I found an item I really like.


The Master Jack Leather Armchair.  It sells on my new favorite (find) website made.com and has a Lady companion to match, if you're so inclined. ;=)  The company is based in lovely Notting Hill Gate, London and their team dubs themselves 'idealists... children of the revolution.'  Cool.  Unfortunately, the company currently only ships to the UK and Ireland, so if that is where you call home LUCKY YOU!  The rest of us have to suffer a little.  Anyway, I've bookmarked it in my Style files... the website offers cool pieces - High Street designs - for less the price.  ... And I've not given up on my dream of living abroad.

Also in this month's AD, a glimpse into the homes of renowned designers...

The Mill Valley, California retreat of Paul Vincent Wiseman
John Barman's aerie in Miami Beach
An ecologically focused home in New York's Hudson Valley, designed by Allan Shope for him and his family.
Fancy a cozy home in the country?

A fortress in Italy’s Chianti region dating back to the 11th Century.
One couple did and purchased this once consecrated church and an adjacent apartment in La Convertoie.    The architect/design team they commissioned to update it attached the edifices and created this...

Gorgeous.

When I first saw this I promptly tore the page out of the magazine... it's now a part of my vision wall.  For more pics and the story behind the work click here.

Cheers and caio for now.